Something different this month... instead of having a specific theme for the tasting we are opening the floor to various members of the society to bring along a bottle of Scotch and they will have 5 minutes to explain why this bottle deserves the title of the society's favourite Scotch.
It may be the individual's favourite tipple, or it might be a bottle that means something in particular to them, be it their first Scotch or something that evokes a particular memory...
This event will no doubt trigger considerable debate on the evening and those presenting will have to be on the top of their game to persuade the audience why their bottle deserves the title. Think X Factor and The Voice but the way you really want to watch them: with a nice dram of whisky.
1. Dalmore 12yo (presented by Stephen Young)
2. Glenfiddich 15yo (by Jill Arthur)
3. Hazelburn 8yo (by Luke Gough)
4. Talisker 10yo (by Mick Maguire)
5. Glenfarclas 15yo (by Martin Bolsinger)
6. Ardbeg 10yo (by Liam Smith)